Ever noticed how some books stay with you long after you’ve read them?
Remarkable books are enchanting. Think about the last captivating book that you read. What made it so unforgettable?
These are books that draw you and let you escape into another world. You can’t bring yourself to put it down. They have the power to entertain, teach, and inspire us.
Sometimes a sentence jumps out at you because it sheds insight into your life. Here are 25 memorable quotes from books about life — for the times when you need a little extra inspiration and motivation.
25 Quotes from Books to Motivate and Inspire You
1. People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.
2. “Work hard, know your shit, show your shit, and then feel entitled. Listen to no one except the two smartest and kindest adults you know, and that doesn’t always mean your parents. If you do that, you will be fine.”
3. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.
4. “Nothing in life is as important as you think it is, while you are thinking about it.”
5. All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time.
— Mitch Albom from The Five People You Meet In Heaven
6. Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer.
— Dan Brown from Digital Fortress
7. “Our words have power, but our actions shape our lives.”
8. “Forgiving isn’t something you do for someone else. It’s something you do for yourself. It’s saying, ‘You’re not important enough to have a stranglehold on me.’ It’s saying, ‘You don’t get to trap me in the past. I am worthy of a future.'”
9. “No man should judge unless he asks himself in absolute honesty whether in a similar situation he might not have done the same.”
10. “No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side. Or you don’t.”
11. “There is a kind of magicness about going far away and then coming back all changed.”
12. “And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.”
13. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
14. “We study history not to know the future but to widen our horizons, to understand that our present situation is neither natural nor inevitable, and that we consequently have many more possibilities before us than we imagine.”
15. “Maybe life doesn’t get any better than this, or any worse, and what we get is just what we’re willing to find: small wonders where they grow.”
16. “The opposite of fear is love – love of the challenge, love of the work, the pure joyous passion to take a shot at our dream and see if we can pull it off.”
17. “You may be born into a family, but you walk into friendships. Some you’ll discover you should put behind you. Others are worth every risk.”
18. “It was impossible to feel alone in a room full of favorite books. I had the sense that they knew me personally, that they’d read me cover to cover as I’d read them.”
19. “The only way we will survive is by being kind. The only way we can get by in this world is through the help we receive from others. No one can do it alone, no matter how great the machines are.”
20. “Most enjoyable activities are not natural; they demand an effort that initially one is reluctant to make. But once the interaction starts to provide feedback to the person’s skills, it usually begins to be intrinsically rewarding.”
21. “And it occurred to him that there were two parts to being a better person. One part was thinking about other people. The other part was not giving a toss what other people thought.”
22. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.”
23. “What you do for yourself dies with you when you leave this world, what you do for others lives on forever.”
24.“Read, learn, work it up, go to the literature. Information is control.”
25. “Brave doesn’t mean you’re not scared. It means you go on even though you’re scared.”